Come to Amorgos island in Greece and discover all the places that are worth visiting!
Discover all the beauties of Amorgos island
Places worth visiting
- The Hozoviotissa Monastery, a symbol of Orthodoxy, built at an altitude of 300 meters by Alexios Komninos in the 11th century.
- The Agia Triada Tower in Arkesini, is the sole ancient monument on Amorgos standing after 2330 years, and the best preserved of the rectangular towers in the Cyclades. Its exemplary restoration led by Ms Lila Marangou, Professor of Classical Archaeology at the University of Ioannina, earned it the Europa Nostra award in 2011
- The metochion (dependency) of the Hozoviotissa Monastery, Agios Georgios Valsamitis
- The Ancient Arkesini Citadel in Kastri
- The Minoa archaeological site
- The Chora archaeological Museum
- The Chora ecclesiastical museum
- The Chora castle
- The Asfontilitis agricultural settlement